Launch of Verona for Summer 22, provides even more choice for customers and independent travel agents in Northern Ireland, the new addition means holidaymakers in Northern Ireland can explore the Italian city from May to September next year. Jet2's latest expansion means a bumper choice of 20 sun and city destinations now on sale for Summer 22 from Belfast International Airport
7th April 2021: Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have responded to strong and continued demand from holidaymakers by announcing the launch of flights and holidays to Verona from Belfast International Airport for Summer 22
Just months after revealing details of an exciting Summer 22 programme from Belfast International Airport, Jet2holidays, the UK’s leading tour operator to destinations across Europe, together with leading leisure airline, Jet2.com has put flights and holidays on sale to the Italian city of Verona from Belfast International Airport. The addition of the new destination to the Summer 22 programme from the base comes in response to strong demand for Summer 22 holidays.
The leading leisure airline and tour operator will operate weekly Wednesday services to Verona from11th May through to 21st September 2022.
Located in northern Italy’s Veneto region, Verona is best known for its Shakespeare associations and attracts tourists in search of the romantic Romeo and Juliet balcony. Nestling between the river Adige and Lake Garda, Verona is a bustling city with a 1st century amphitheatre in the centre, which plays host to Verona’s annual summer opera festival and other large-scale concerts. There is also an abundance of churches to be explored, some architecturally pleasing bridges and some fascinating art. Couple all that with regional wine and mouth-watering food, it is easy to see why Verona is one of northern Italy’s most attractive and popular cities.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate a busy programme for Summer 22 from Belfast International Airport, with a bumper choice of flights and holidays to 20 sunny hotspots now on sale from the base. This means customers in Northern Ireland have fantastic choice and flexibility when it comes to reaching their favourite summer destinations such as the Canaries, Balearics, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Portugal. A full breakdown of the Jet2.com and Jet2holidays Summer 22 programme from Belfast International Airport can be found at the bottom of this release.
As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays to these destinations for Summer 22, customers can get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays grow its business and repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times and a generous 22kg baggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Airlines; or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Feedback from customers and independent travel agents across Northern Ireland is telling us that flights and holidays to Italy are very much in demand for Summer 22. As ever, we are responding quickly to that demand to give customers even more choice from Belfast International Airport. Verona is an impressive and romantic city, which offers much more than just Juliet’s famous balcony.
“Customers will discover a city that is packed full of Roman ruins, narrow streets, museums and churches housing fine works of art. It is for this reason that we expect Verona to be a hugely popular holiday destination for customers in the region who are looking for much more than a sunshine getaway.”
Key highlights from Belfast International Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays includes, in addition to Verona includes:
- Turkey – twice weekly services operating to Antalya and Dalaman.
- Canary Islands - huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries. This includes three weekly services to Lanzarote and Tenerife, plusweekly services to Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain – up to ten weekly services operating to Mainland Spain, including Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to three weekly services) and Malaga (up to three weekly services)
- Balearic Islands – fantastic choice and flexibility to hotspots such as Palma (Majorca) (up to five weekly services), Ibiza (up to three weekly services) and Menorca (weekly services).
- Greece - weekly services to three destinations in the Greek sunshine, whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion), Rhodes or Zante.
- Cyprus - continued popularity means weekly services operating to Paphos.
- Faro (Algarve) – up to four weekly services to the Portuguese sunshine.
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) –weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine for Summer 22.
- Dubrovnik (Croatia) –weekly services to this fantastic Croatian destination.
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com